I don't even need to tell you why I made these, right? I mean, look at them. How could they not be delicious? They have all the right ingredients: cookie, Cadbury Cream Egg, frosting and M&Ms. I'm drooling just typing that.
They were pretty easy to make and I can't thank Katrina enough for posting these. I seriously love her blog and all it's yumminess!
· 2 ½ cups flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup Crisco (I used 1/2 cup Crisco and 1/2 cup butter)
· ¾ cup white sugar
· ¾ cup brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 large eggs
· 24 mini Cadbury Eggs
· Green frosting
· Jelly beans or M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream Crisco/butter, white and brown sugars, and vanilla in the bowl of your mixer. Add eggs one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients. The dough will start to pull away from the bowl of the mixer.
4. Using about a tablespoon of dough wrap a mini Cadbury egg so it is completely covered. Place the cookie inside a greased mini muffin tin.
5. Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes or until golden. ***IMPORTANT*** Let the cookies cool in the pan for about 10-12 minutes until you can “twist” it out. Using your fingertips gently try to twist the cookie to remove it. If the cookie seems too soft like it will break apart wait 2 minutes and try again. If your muffin tin is greased the cookie will lift out whole after about 10-12 minutes. But do not let your cookie cool completely in the tin or it may adhere itself to the pan and then you will have to scrape it out.
6. Let cookies cool completely, top with frosting and jelly beans or M&Ms.
I have a friend who doesn't like the Cadbury Cream Eggs. I know! That's like swearing in church - it's just wrong. So for her I made some with the mini Cadbury Caramel Eggs. Do everything the same (duh) but make sure there is more of the cookie dough on the bottom because the caramel will melt through and stick to the pan.
What do you think? And if you are wondering if the taste as totally delicious and heavenly as they look, the answer is a giant heck yes! They are awesome!